- Good to Great, Jim Collins, Rob Evans, and Goodness in High Schools
- Sherman Alexie's wonderful Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
- Reshaping High School: Education Leadership's recent terrific issue, and the lessons therein
- Grant Wiggins, Understanding and Schooling by Design, and the Good High School
- Bob Marzano's Classroom Instruction that Works, and Implications for good high schools
- Daniel Pink's A Whole New Mind, and implications for 21st century best practices
- Gardener's Five Minds for the Future
- Bransford's How People Learn, and implications for good high schools
- Growing into Goodness and the lessons of Quaker schools for good high schools
- Graff's Clueless in Academe, and how good high schools prepare students to be clued into the academy.
- Nel Noddings' Critical Lessons: What Our [Good] High Schools Should Teach.
- Sternberg's Wisdom, Creativity, and Intelligence Synthesized and implications for how high schools should prepare students for the skills they really need for success in college and beyond.
Future posts: Coming Soon in Reviews
Blog entries coming in the next few months: